Thursday, November 6, 2008

A New World?


Wow, post election 2008 really does feel different.

Trying to avoid exaggerating or being overly optimistic, but the potential is just enormous. We will have to wait and see what happens when all the hoopla has calmed down. But for now, I'm just so pleased I didn't throw away that Polo sweat shirt with the little USA flag on it. I can pull it out from the back of the closet and wear it! Now, that, is a real tangible example of change.

Being an American in France really, really, feels different.

We better watch out or they are gonna start callin' us lefties.

2 comments:

wcs said...

But, I AM a leftie...

Betty Carlson said...

I am so thrilled to finally be able to stand up to those French people who seem obsessed with American racism.

In fact, I found the French media so annoyingly obsessed with Obama's race that I couldn't even listen to it/read it anymore.