Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Parental Learning Experience - No Pictures Please

Guess what:
Little bitty kids don't really know how to say they are feeling nauseous.
Result:
Not pretty.
Ramifications:
Intense feelings of guilt for insisting that they try just one bite of food.
Punishment:
Adult gets to experience, first hand, the same virus.

Hindsight Hint:
When a 2+ year old sits at the dinner table in a pleasantly warm house, says he's cold and refuses to eat. He just might be sick... very soon.

Acceptance Exercise:
They get sick, you get sick. Get over it. Besides, you are lucky when only one at a time is sick. When they are both sick at the same time it is exponentially worse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK... have you been spying on my family? Because this EXACT scenario happened 2 weeks ago. I was almost overcome by my guilt as I was mopping up the sick. You nailed this one!

Pardon My French said...

So noted! Oh, the fun yet to come...